Access - Haven Crest Guest House
Access Statement for Haven Crest
7 bedroom guesthouse with en-suite facilities and dining room.
- Contact by phone, text phone or email.
- Website www.havencrest.co.uk
- Large print written information on rooms and facilities and directions can be posted to potential guests.
- Access statement can be posted or sent as an attachment by email.
- Buses from Whitby bus station No 5/5A stops 100 yards from guesthouse.
- Train Station 1 mile from guesthouse.
- Whitby centre 1 mile away, approx 3 minutes by car.
- Walking to Whitby via sea front approx 12 to 15 minutes depending on pace, similar time by road.
- Mobility services, equipment and hire via DAG email@example.com
- Tel 07842798561
- Taxi service, many from station
Arrival &Car Parking Facilities
- Off street parking for up to 8 cars in front and side of house.
- Assistance offered for guests and luggage from car to room
- Block paving at front and all round of house for parking.
- Dropped pavement for vehicle access to property.
- Cars may be parked to give rear access to vehicle.
- Haven Crest sign at the front and side of the house.
- Clear signage at front of property, cream sign.
- Door bell, right side of front door.
- Four steps into house and step-over threshold.
- Low wall and banister rail to aid support when entering and leaving the house
- Front door entrance directly into hallway with raised threshold.
- Thumb turning lock on main door for easy keyless exit
Main Entrance, Reception
- Dining room to the left of the entrance. 6 rooms on first floor with hand rail on the left side going up the staircase.
- 12 steps and small square landing. 3 steps to left and 3 rooms. 3 steps to right and 3 rooms with right hand rail. Surface carpeted, good overhead spot lighting.
- Stairs and landing width is 28? at narrowest point.
- Assistance provided by proprietors on arrival, escorted to rooms then as requested for going to dining room.
- Pen and notepad available at reception and if requested in room.
- Additional keys available to guest rooms and main door on request.
- Carpeted throughout.
- Door to left of entrance into dining room.
- From main entrance though ground floor, same level surface.
- Colour contrast- skirting boards and door frame white and doors dark wood, magnolia walls. Same throughout the building.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etcCarpet throughout
- Fire action sign on bedroom doors and in lobby. Emergency lighting throughout
- 3 fire extinguishers, 1 to right of front door, 2 on first floor.
- Dining room, same level flooring as rest of ground floor, ceiling spot lighting.
Public Areas - lobby etc
- arm chair in cream material
- occasional table x 2 in wood. Sideboard in wood
- Ease of movement around furniture.
- Ceiling spot lights.
- Moveable 6 central leg tables each to seat 2 people, chairs without arms. All furniture is moveable to allow ease of access.
- Special diets catered for with prior notice for preparation
- White crockery on wooden tables with white cloths, maroon mats.
- Large bold menu lists
Bedrooms &Sleeping Areas
- High pitch tone from fire alarm.
- TV with teletext and Freeview, remote controls.
- All bedrooms have 28'' door width. Carpeted bedrooms and cushion floor in bathrooms
- All bedrooms have bedside wall lights.
- All have double beds, wardrobe, drawer chest, 2 bedside drawers, chair.
- Rooms 4, 5, 6 have an archway into bedroom with angled turn. Room 1, 2 and 3 have direct access into room.
- Ground floor twin direct access
- Kettles in all rooms on trays with crockery in white, glasses and individual coffee, tea, milk, sugar and biscuit sachets.
- Non-feather pillows and duvets offered. Some rooms have blankets.
Bathroom, Shower &WC [Ensuite]
- Room 1, 3, 6 and ground floor bathroom have windows. Rooms 2,4,5 have Expelair
- All rooms have showers.
- Electric showers room 2 and 5, mains pressure shower rooms 1,3,4,6.
- High-level washbowl
- All bathrooms heated.
- All rooms have toiletries and towels on rails.
- Room 1, 3 , 6 and ground floor have most ease of movement.
Additional InformationEvacuation procedure highlighted on back of door.
- Non-smoking policy applies in the building.
- Sometimes a problem in rooms getting good broadband signals.
- Good mobile phone signals.
- Landline phone can be used if there are difficulties with signal.
- Medications can be stored in owners fridge in a sealed box providing
- Proprietors will do all that they can to help.
- Brass bell on desk in reception to alert proprietors.
- Guests instructed to use outside doorbell at night for use in emergency.
137, Upgang Lane,
Hours of operation:open February to November
and when proprietors are on holiday
Improve heating with new boiler and add thermostatic controls to all radiators - Done
New mains pressure water tank giving better flow- completed 2016
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01947 605187
Created 2013 updated 2016 Updated 2019